I think I ate a bug . . and I might die.
I was home alone, calmly eating an apple. I am allowed to do things like that alone ... at home .. . unattended .... on my own. And I bit into the apple and took a big bite. Then I chewed and chewed and swallowed and then the phone rang or something - I can't remember all the exact details because I am suffering with PTSD from the whole thing and my therapist said that I have probably blocked some of it to prevent myself from being triggered and losing it all over innocent people's heads.
When I got back to my work and the half eaten apple lying on the desk, I almost died. I had bitten through to the core and what was clearly a grotesque, rotten, slimy mess, black and orange and grossly grotesque, that had been created by some kind of bug/worm ... thing. (I had to type and retype "thing" 473 times just now because my hands are shaking so bad from the memory)