Friday, February 12, 2010

Cowboys and Indians.

scarf1

It has taken me a lonnnnng time to wear scarves again ... residual from the snow thing in the frozen northland as a kid .... scarves were for freezing weather or robbing the stagecoach and I hated cowboys ... I always wanted to be an Indian ....think it had to do with the excuse of being able to run naked through the bushes ...

scarf2

Although my brother pointed out I had to braid my hair and wear doeskin dresses ... in the interest of realism .... I said .. no .. a loin cloth and a war bonnet ... he said girls don't have loins and I called him a douchesicle right before I punched him ....

What kind of a hootard doesn't know that girls have loins for crying out loud??

But then he handed me a piece of pemacin and we ate until we were sick cause it wasb't actually pemican it was this taffy candy we stretched out and pretended it was pemican ... cause it tasted better than raw meat and berries and well we weren't THAT into realism and mom was right .. we did make ourselves sick but we never told her that. NEVER admit to your parents they were right ... about anything ... one it gives them too much power and two .. you owe it to the rest of the kids out there ... it is the code ....

scarf3 copy

My First Nation friends laugh their heads off at the idea of me trying to play an Indian .... they think I should have played "Heidi" or "Shirley Temple" or something .... I punched them too ....curls and crinolines can be decieving you know ....

Candy Doll
VH Industry
Post a Comment