Friday, October 1, 2010

I Almost Had A Career as A Dancer...

dbd 2

I did .. I almost had a career as a dancer once ... it was for the Spring Curling Bonspiel and they thought they would kick it off with a musical review ....

dbd1

We did an artistic interpretation of Curling in both Clog and Ballet ... "Ballogging" we call it.  It is like Ballet but you just do not have to be so light on your feet ... like you are on your toes but there is a lot of noise associated with it (but still a "no-screaming" rule ... that rule applies to anything in a tu-tu of course)   We were all in our knit moose-head curling sweaters and tu-tus and I was playing the part of a "broom" where I sweep onto the ice and the sparkles fall.  Well they weren't exactly falling .. we have the senior citizens running (you know not REAL running) around with the sparklers for birthday cakes and some of them jumped up and down until Mrs. Greenbottom accidentally touched her sparkler to Mrs. Abberly's hair and then there was all this real sparkling going on ....and smoke .. which was a neat effect for the "curling rock" and I as we pirouetted down the ice......

dbd 3

And then the fire brigade guys who were in the first draw for the bonspiel and were all there ready to get on the ice ..got all official like and leapt onto the ice and were screaming "Stop, Drop and Roll" and well it was a mad house .. all these seniors screaming and dropping, and we all got knocked over and some of us were clogged by the other "brooms" in the company and then the ambulance guys came and some of the seniors had drooled on the ice while they laid there and so they were stuck to the ice and they had to pick axe them off ....

It really ruined dance.  That is why to this day there is a "no dance policy" at the curling bonspiels around the world and why Ballogging basically is a lost art and why I lost my heart for dance even though the review lady ... Mrs Beanersly from the Wheatland Review said I was the best "broom" she had ever seen and that she was so moved by my performance she could hardley speak.  Well she didn't actually say those words to me but she gave me a head nod when she went by and well ... we Canadians are experts at reading head nods .. and believe me .. she meant that and more ....

So one day .. when the music speaks to me again ... and someone pays me the big bucks .. I may ballog ... and the world will weep ... it will be that beautiful ....

SKIN: Candydoll
HAIR: LeLutka
LASHES: ByKay
DRESS: Seldom Blue
SHOES: RRS
EARRINGS: Ear Candy
Post a Comment