Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lightning and Me.

lhb1

I was a camp counselor one year ... what the heck were they thinking .. but anyway ya .. they put me in charge of a bunch of kids and I thought it would be swell, rather than dealing with every night someone whimpering and crying over ghost stories and me having to walk them in and out of the huge tent all the girls slept in ... to the outhouse .. we would get them all to hold it for one big scared senseless horrorama fest. (hold the ghost stories .. NOT the need to go to the bathroom ...)

Ya there was no way I was going out there in the middle of the night with a flashlight and standing guard .. I was still scared from my time at camp ...

lhb2

I never understood that.  We were just little kids begging our counselors to go with us. "I am scared there might be a bear or a murderer in the woods and I have to pee .. can you come with me?"

"No you will be fine take your flashlight .. "

Right ... cause when the murderer comes for me I just shine the flash light in his face and he will go, "NO NO Not light ...." and he will put his knife away and slink back into the forest .....

"Should I least get super duper batteries .. these were no name brand .. I don't think murderers feel that threatened by no name brand light ..."

Anyway that was my plan for my time as a counselor .. save myself from being mauled by a bear or murdered .. don't allow them an opportunity to be scared every night .. contain the weenie pants. So we had a big night, campfire, ghost stories, scary stuff.  We all dressed .. I played the idiot woman escaped from the insane asylum... my brother suggested it .. and we had this cool trick to touch a torch to a wire and the fire appeared to just explode in the fire pit.  We all walked in to the circle from the woods, in the dark and POOF fire and the evening began ...

We told stories, we had a spook house .. we had kids screaming and calling for their mommies and those were just the football players ... it was kind of about that time we realized we may have taken it a tad too far ... the hysteria was building ...

lhb3

So we separated girls and boys and took them to their tents and got them all calmed down .. silence .. and then there was this huge wind which just whooshed through lifting all the sides of the tents up and WHAM BAM CRACK sheet lighning, thunder, sheet lightning .. storm .. screaming, running bodies, feet on face as I was trampled trying to get out of the tent.... "Best Camp Counselor Ever" award ... lost forever ...

I think a couple of them are still lost in the woods in the mountains of Canada somewhere .. we were never sure how many we had to start with ... but their parents were not pleased, neither was the camp director and oh .. I was fired ...

Amazingly my brother did try to comfort me .. he said my portrayal of idiot girl was stellar ....

SKIN:  Glance
LASHES:E'Dior
HAIR:  Liriope
SHOES:  Nardcotix
OUTFIT:  all pieces fromA&A
EARRINGS:  Magia
Post a Comment