Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Endings.

fa2

It's really important to be able to tell when it is time to wrap things up and move on ... to just know that perhaps your time somewhere is done. I learned that as a kid.

fa1

It was the night of the big Church talent show, when all the children were encouraged to come up with an act depicting some story or message from the Bible ...

You had your predictable Samson the strong dude lifting his weights to music, and the magician guy changing water into wine (which we all drank in the car park after the show)and Noah showing off his animals and the tricks they could do. When it came time for me everyone held their breath ... at first in anticipation... and then choking before they passed out .. as I breezed on the stage naked (ala Eve in the Garden) except for a few feathers fashioned in a fan. (ala he loves the little sparrow).

I was doing a fan dance with feathers!!!

fa3

I didn't win or anything. I guess in fairness sparrow feathers don't give you quite the coverage of ostrich feathers but I lived in Canada for crying out loud. Oh and no-one really likes to talk about the naked part of the Garden of Eden ... it is an irrelevant detail evidently .. unless you are naked, on a stage, performing a fan dance, at a church talent night .. then it is really relevant to some people ...

And that is when it hit me .. my days at the ole' little church on the prairie were probably just about over ....

SKIN: Curio
HAIR: Plume
LASHES: Amacci
EYES: Fashism
DRESS: AngelWing
JEWELLERY: G Sloane Couture
Post a Comment