Monday, May 30, 2011

Super Hero's.

ipg5

I offered one year to help my grandparents buy the perfect gift for my brother's brithday ... cause that is the kind of girl I am.

I told them how much he loved super hero's like Superman and Batman and Robin, pointing to the stack of comics he had and all the shows he liked to watch.

They nodded and pretended to understand and care - not always in that order ... and then handed me some money and said they would trust me. They suggested maybe Batman, mouthing words they had only just heard me say but which had no meaning for them at all. (supervised seniors are often far removed from capes and leotards - the unsupervised ones ... not so much ... they shop Walmart ... see my story here.)

ipg2

I came back with the perfect outfit. "Batman?" they asked me, handing me paper and tape. "No actually, I felt, a this was his first outfit, not wanting him to experience colossal dejection and doubt his epic awesomeness should he not be able to "fill" the shoes of such a truly great Superhero like Batman .. he should really apprentice superherodom and work his way up. I got him a "Robin" outfit." I smiled triumphantly. They nodded and patted me on the head.

I could hardley wait for the big day .. when he opened his gifts in front of all his friends. The grandparents insisted he put the outfit on right away. He looked Ahh-mazing.

ipg6



I especially love the pic we took where I made him climb in the straw nest I made and sit on the eggs, his little beak looked so cute over his mouth like that, especially when he passed out on account of the fact he could not breathe...

I am not sure why I never was asked to help with his birthday gifts again .. who knew boys could be so emotional???

SKIN: League
HAIR: Truth
EYES: Fashism
LASHES: Amacci
OUTFITS: L'Abel
BRACELET: ByKay
SHOES: Amerelo Manga & AMG Boudoir
POSES: Posies & Pdiddle
Post a Comment