Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Rain Barrels and Apple Trees and Senior Citizens.

sitm5

My grandmother taught me some powerful lessons. Like one time when I went to her with my Barbie in hand, crying cause Biffy would not play Barbies with me anymore, on account of he said his Barbies were better than mine (and they were but that was not the point) and he didn't like me anymore. I felt like me and my Barbie were never going to measure up in a world of Perfect Barbies ...

sitm4

She looked at me and sang me this powerful little song ...

"I don't want to play in your yard,
I don't like you anymore
You'll be sorry when you see me sliding down my cellar door
You can't holler down my rain barrel
You can't climb my apple tree
I don't want to play in your yard
If you won't be nice to me..."

And when she was done I just stood looking at her nodding and understanding ...well after I got over the sensation of WTF - NOT another freaking song .. doesn't she realize how serious this is? What is with it old people and songs about ..... everything??? MY LIFE IS NOT A GAME!!!

After THAT Moment I stood looking at her nodding and understanding. My grandmothers life flashed before my eyes. Perspective graced me like the warm sun permeating the living room through the heavy gold velvet curtains worthy of the shrine that 2 lazyboys and a hard as rock deep floral green couch set deserved. I saw how foolish I had been .. how insensitive. Rain barrels - stinky and moldy ... cellar doors and children with slivers in their asses flashed before my eyes .. my grandmother wandering her yard all alone with no-one but an old apple tree .... and I teared up and handed my grandmother my Barbie ....

sitm2

....and got the hell out of there....

SKIN: Exodi
HAIR: Elikatira
LASHES: Damned
EYES: Fashism
JEWELLERY: Donna Flora
DRESS: SAS (just one choice of many offered shown)
LOCATION: DDLE2
Post a Comment