Thursday, August 4, 2011

Another Reason Why I Flunked Barbies.

coc3

I blame Ken.

coc4

I didn't have one for the longest time. But I should've been given points for creativity. I dressed up one of the kittens once but he just laid there and looked pissed. Then I tried GIJoe and other action heroes but who wants to date a guy with that kind of fashion sense? And besides, my brother said that if I used his stuff he got to borrow Barbie and blow her up later ....

So I settled ....

coc2

I showed up at the big Barbie play date and pulled out my Barbie and then a block of wood in a white hankie and a black sock.

"What the heck is that?"

I rolled my eyes and snorted ..."Ken!!"

"It is not, that is a block of wood in a white hankie and a black sock."

"Not if you hold it away from you and kinda squint .. look ..." and I showed her. "It looks like a white shirt and a pair of pants."

They didn't let me stay. They said I had to have a Ken and a block of wood was not Ken even though the block of wood and Ken had the same anatomical definition ... a point that was lost on them at the time ...

Now that they are older and married I am sure they look back at that date and that block of wood and nod their heads and say ... "Wow that Bliss she was profound and funny and proficient at inuendos and deep hidden meanings even as a child ... we should have let her stay and play cause her wooden Ken would have been way more well rounded then our mere plastic replicas of a man." I am sure of that which is why I keep searching my mail box for the Hallmark card that says "sorry we dissed your ken." There's a Hallmark card for that right?

SKIN: Iconic
HAIR: Elikatira
LASHES: Damned
EYES: Fashism
DRESS: The Candary (store no longer available??)
JEWELLERY: JD
SHOES: Donna Flora
POSES: Risk City
Post a Comment