Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Great Grave Yard Adventure.

bitw1

I was a good kid. I took my duties very seriously. I had my bucket list and I was determined to get through them all before I reached my 20's.

bitw2

Of course having a seance in a graveyard was there and so dutifully, my brother and I reported one evening for the humble efforts of prairie kids to contribute their little prairie graveyard seance experience to the great hall of passage rites.

It was a dark and stormy night and of course my brother needed to make sure everyone was completely scared. He told us about how the last time someone did a seance there that Old Mrs. Husslebomb showed up and took her head off and that the next day one of the kids opened up their lunch pail and there it was. Everyone screamed and huddled closer together. He did such a good job that he scared himself and so when suddenly we heard a noise and some weird lights appeared out of nowhere and were moving towards us and it took a nanosecond for the rest of us to scream, pee our pants, and take off running in the opposite direction ... he sat frozen in fear and mid scream. By the time he turned his head and started to get up, we had a good half a mile on him.

He ran through the dark after us with the lights in pursuit. The only thing is he sucks at seeing in the dark and so it was not surprising he could not see where he was going and suddenly, as he ran, his feet lost contact with the earth and he was free falling down down down ...... THUD! He found himself kissing the bottom of a freshly dug grave.

Well if lying high jump every becomes an Olympic Sport he is so going to do his country proud because with one leap he was out of the grave and caught up to and passed the rest of us with this half whoosh half scream ...... we heard his faint calls as he left us in his dust .... The eerie sounds of "mmmmmmoooooommmmmmmy" howled through the night and must have scared the heck out of the lights cause they vanished too.

When we reached the car he was under the back seat shaking and white whimpering a little. No-one spoke a word when as we drove home. What happens at the seance stays at the seance .. you know?

bitw3

....well at least until breakfast the next morning when I was duty bound to turn him in to the grandparents for dragging me out to a seance. They had heard some kids were at the graveyard last night and demanded to know where we were. You just don't cavort with Satan around Aardvark and Humpydora you know. This was serious stuff. I have to admit that sometimes I freely gave over that Biff was older than me, especially when it could be used to avert attention from me.

I got cookies and milk and my choice of TV shows. I love Seances.

SKIN: Al Vulo
HAIR: Alli&Ali
EYES: Fashism
LASHES: Damned
EARRINGS: Cailyns
NECKLACE: CCD
NAILS: A&A
DRESS: House of Dashwood
SHOES: ByKay
POSES: Del May
Post a Comment