Tuesday, August 9, 2011

When Movies Peer Pressure Us to Dance.

ditb2

I was definitely influenced by dance movies.

ditb3

After I saw Footloose and Flash Dance I just could not help myself .. my toes would start tapping, my feet would move, my legs join in .. and the next thing I knew I was twirling and gyrating all over the place, ripping my clothes off so I could just be free and give into the music ... I didn't care what anyone thought. I had to give expression to the music in me, to fight the system, to stand up for everyone. We are all free and dance is an expression of that ... a right ... a DEEEEEEP need!!

I didn't care that it made me different .. that because of it I was pointed at and laughed at and that people were mean to me.

I didn't care that my grandparents kept yelling at me ... "FOR GOD'S SAKE GET OFF THE ORGAN, THE MINISTER IS TRYING TO CONDUCT A SERMON!!!"

ditb4

Evidently "What a Friend We Have In Jesus" was not a dance tune and pouring the baptisimal water all over me was not appropriate.

I didn't know .. I just knew I had to dance...

SKIN: Akeruka
HAIR: Damselfly
LASHES: Von D
EYES: Fashism
NECKLACE & BRACELET: Acid & Mala
EARRINGS: Aglaia
PURSE: Lelutka
DRESS: Filthy
PANTS: SAS
SHOES: Cattiva
Post a Comment