Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Career Choices and Art.

lsb1

I applied to be a make-up lady once. Oh and BTW .. they don't like being called "make-up ladies" they are "cosmetic countenance artists" and "presentation virtuoso's."

I like "ramshackled exterior paint-slinger" or "decay handcrafting magician."

But if you want the job you make nice and let them call themselves whatever.

lsb2

Look I excelled at both finger and brush painting and am not sure why that was not good enough for these people. I had letters of reference for my gluing techniques, my scissor safety award and my verbal skills included vowel sounds such as "ooooooo" and "ahhhhhhhhhh."

They didn't hire me.

lsb3

They told me that I could reapply when I was a bit older and taller but I asked them what kind of fool would even want the job by the time they were 8?

(CAREER TIP: all kidding aside ..... if you are thinking of a career in face painting at a cosmetic counter....remember these women lack any sense of humour and take their lipsticking very seriously! You need to wear more make-up than a hooker - just make sure the lines are straighter and that you are using the new seasons palette and you should ace the job!!)

SKIN: [Acide] Katsuicide My Sunkissed GsP6
EYES: ! FASHISM 'Sunrise' Eyes - Mint Light
LASHES: Apple May Designs
HAIR: Vanity Hair::Liberty HP- blacks
JEWELLERY: A&A Diamond Earrings
NAILS: A&A Dangerous Nails Silver
DRESS: House of Dashwood - "Viola" Gift Bag
POSES: le Poppycock
Post a Comment