Friday, October 28, 2011

Poncho a Forbidden Topic.

peb2

My mother would say I should hang on to my clothes because "you never know when things will be back in fashion."

peb1

If I listened to her I would have 2 homes ... one for the clothes and the other for the human beings.

The problem is that when things "come back" - unless we are talking Chanel - it is not quite the same. Walmart specials just do not translate into Vintage. There is only "new" and "car rags" at Walmart. Clothes are always updated with different colours, a different finish .. something .. so that while you are standing around with the people who are cool who can afford the new stuff and you are wearing your 30 year old "vintage" piece .. you seldom look like you belong. More often you just look like the bag lady who is annoying the "ladies who shop."

peb3

Which is why I had to explain to my mother that while I appreciated she saved my poncho from Grade 6 with the sparkle unicorn knitted into it, I really felt I was ready for a more grown up poncho ...thanks anyway.

I can't believe she has not even noticed I have grown boobs since then and the whole thing would look more like a bib than a poncho anyway!

SKIN: *HUIT* SKIN "Candy" light
HAIR: Son!a Nena headpiece Soil
EYES: ! FASHISM 'Sunrise' Eyes - Mint Light
LASHES: Apple May Designs
OUTFIT: A&A Fashion Poncho Skirt Set *BrownHoney
PURSE: (TokiD) elephant bag (light)
SHOES: [LeLutka]-Pow Pumps (Tan/Black)
POSES: le Poppycock
Post a Comment