Saturday, December 24, 2011

All that Glitters is ... Grandma's Teeth??

gbl2

Ever noticed how your grandparents are obsessed with hoarding money/gold/treasure?

gbl1

We finally got grandma out of her pirate outfit and told her there was no more treasure at the nursing home ... Johnny Depp had already been there and plundered the lot .. and then we had her over for some Christmas cheer. She is obsessed with gold and keeping every little piece she has because it is "going to be worth a fortune and just what do we think we will do if one day we can't afford toilet paper?" She wanted my husband to pull his gold tooth ... for the sake of the economy ...

I was putting out the dessert when I looked over at the tree and noticed that all the gold balls on the tree were dull and gray. I walked over and looked at them and they had all these striations on them and I looked to the floor and there were little flecks of gold leading right back to grandma's chair ...

I walked over to her and she looked up at me and smiled ... her false teeth were covered in gold flecks ...she had been gnawing the christmas balls again!! A quick check of her purse found a baggy full of gold flecks. She seemed oblivious to the improprieties and unsanitary conditions of her gnawing the Christmas balls .. and went right on slurping her mince tart....

My husband was like, "OMG! What are we going to do about this? "

I told him to relax ...

gbl3

Boxing Day we should be able to score some new gold Christmas balls for a decent price ... once I hocked Grandma's teeth ...

SKIN: {Essences} Elyna Skin - Medium 01
HAIR AND JEWELS: *Plume* Diamonds - Golden/Platinum (now known as Osmose)
EYES: ! FASHISM 'Sunrise' Eyes - Turquoise Light
LASHES: *ByKay* ~ Eyelashes ~ *Glamour*
JEWELLERY: Ear Candy ~ POE4
GOWN: Paris Metro Couture: Golden Leaf (G)
POSES: LAP
Post a Comment