Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Good Suit.

ots2

I tried to make a good winter suit once.

ots1



I know, I know ... it doesn't surprise any of you that a big fashionista like me has a background in fashion and design. I was president of the 4-H Clothing Club I will have you know AND I make a mean ironing mitt.  My aprons ... famous around the world ...which is where I believe they ended up, once cut up into squares and used to make quilts by the women at the church.

I might start with a pattern but believe me, by the time I am done, the outfit looks NOTHING like what the picture  .... I am that creative and free spirited and yes, basically can not read ....

I sewed the suit when I was first married and I thought that it would be much cheaper to sew my own clothes so I purchased a pattern for $20.00 and material for $250.00 and all the little extras for another $100.00 - not to mention the cost of my sewing machine - $750.00 - and drove home past the mall laughing my head off at the silly women shopping there wasting their money at the $99.99 suit sale.

I spent weeks sewing ....

In the end, knowing how much my hubby was still dazed and confused with his love for me, I made a few adjustments, wrapped it up and gave it to him ... a suit ... with ummm ... shorts ... kinda ... perfect for those winter days when your legs need to breathe a little.

He actually put it on and tried to smile ...

ots4


Then I drove to the mall and bought a suit .... the sale was over ... I paid $160.00 ...


SKIN:  *JeSyLiLO*:::GroupGiftSkin:::*May
HAIR:  Alli & Ali  Raissa Hair Blackberry
EYES:  IKON Horizon Eyes v2 - Blue
LASHES:  *ByKay* ~ Eyelashes ~ *Flair*
EARRINGS:  Donna Flora MOON set
SUIT AND SHOES:  Gabriel  ::GB:: Risa Tweed Suit Black
POSES:  Cheerno Motion

If you enjoy this Blog you might be interested in Bliss/Aria's other blogs - find out more at Intertwingled. Join us on Facebook!
Post a Comment