Monday, May 21, 2012

Tea Cups.

ialt2

It used to be when you got married you were given all these tea cups because evidently these were once considered an essential weapon in the new brides aresenal. Much more than a toaster or an iron judging I only got 3 toasters and 2 irons compared to 9 tea cups.

ialt1

Everyone "oohs" and "aahs" and holds them up and looks at the label 'Bone china," "fine china," ... I guess I should be grateful no-one actually bit on the edge just to check although I think maybe my great great aunt did ... I swear there are denture marks there on the one set with the forget-me-nots.

The thing is I was never sure what the heck I was supposed to do with all those cups ... I arranged them and rearranged them and waited for the ladies to come and do tea and then I realized I hated tea ... and hated the ladies who did tea. Then I had kids and I was too tired to even pretend I cared about tea so I tried to pawn the tea cups ... and then garage sale them and the funny thing is ... with all the moves, floods, fires, 2 year old tantrums, 13 year old wigouts, train wrecks, and visits from my mother-in-law where everything else I hold dear was broken, lost and trampled ... I still have 9 perfectly intact useless tea cups.

I can't leave them to my kids because they have no idea what they are even for .... and they kind of have their hearts set on money.

ialt3

I clearly lack the tea cup gene that would allow me to understand and appreciate the significance of these beauties so I have sprinkled tea cups around my yard. I figure the tea cups, the cockroaches and my great aunt will all survive the holocaust and she can explain it to a more evolved species that will rescue her some day ....

SKIN: [Hush] Grace Skin Smokey Cream
HAIR: Alice Project - Kiera - Brown
EYES: ! IKON 'Sunrise' Eyes - Mint Light
LASHES: *ByKay* ~ Eyelashes ~ *Flair*
COMPLETE OUTFIT: .::WoW Designs::. Denim Summer set 2
SHOES: Magic S.Olbers "Bow" black PS
POSES: !Bang

If you enjoy this Blog you might be interested in Bliss/Aria's other blogs - find out more at Intertwingled. Join us on Facebook!
Post a Comment