Friday, June 29, 2012

Embracing the Digital Age.

ooa1

Evidently embracing the digital age does NOT mean running to your local computer store and hugging the sales people ... not even in Walmart. The police tell me that this is 2012 and everyone should know by now that you are only allowed to be hugged by a skilled professional that you either pay or that is covered under your very expensive private health insurance. If you have not been hugged in a long long time you have no-one else to blame but your own short sightedness. None of us like to think we will ever have the need to be hugged, now that sex is meaningless and no longer requires any love attachment, but responsible adults plan for these unexpected tragedies.

ooa2

So I started a campaign to try and love my computer more. Each morning, I get a cup of coffee, and I sit down in front of my computer and I have some one on one time where I try to find something nice to say about it, looking for things I love, and things that I think would work well in the real world.

Today as I was working on the computer a little notice popped up to tell me I was using a lot of memory and I should probably shut down and reopen my internet and it hit me!

WHOA!

WOWSER!! (this is a good time, if you are acting out my blog while you read, to get on top of your desk, lift your skirt over your head and scream a lot.)

Imagine if you had an app where you attached electrodes from your cell phone to your head and an alarm would go off and a notice would come up and say "You are using too much memory. Take a nap. Come back in an hour."

Could a cure for Alzheimers be that easy? If we didn't just spend our memories willy nilly - throwing it away on trivial things or using too much at a time and burning it out?

  ooa3

Anyway I thought about it, hugged my computer (I realize I am not a trained professional but no-one was looking and I gave the hug for free and frankly if that makes me a slut ... I don't care) and was grateful that I did not set my bonding technology time to more than a half hour. I think our goals have to be realistic.

Once my alarm went off, I went back to swearing at the computer.

I think it is a defense mechanism to hide the pain that deep down I know the digital age is never going to embrace me.


SKIN:  [eStyle] Venice X5
HAIR:  Alli&Ali Dakota Hair
EYES:  IKON Utopia Eyes - Pale Trojan Blue
LASHES:  *ByKay* ~ Eyelashes ~ *Flair*
TOP:  ::HH:: Hucci Ruffle Halter - Black
SKIRT:  TOPAZIA- Bacia long skirt (mesh)
BELT:  :::MM::: Boho Stylist Chain Belt,  by Mix and Match
JEWELLERY:  ::69:: pyramid Nacklace - Brown -
BOOTS:  BM Bandana Boots
PURSE:  JeSyLiLo Travel Bag

 
Ever wonder how my mind works that I come up with all this stuff?? Well ... I have no idea BUT if you enjoy this Blog you might be interested in Bliss/Aria's other blogs - find out more at Intertwingled. Join us on Facebook!
Post a Comment