Monday, June 25, 2012

Rompers.

hitf1

Rompers fascinated me as a kid. It may be because there was this kids show called 'Romper Room" where they had some guy dressed in a bee suit - he was "Mr. Do-Bee" and he told you all the things that good boys and girls were supposed to do. Only he didn't talk - Miss Sherry, the host talked. And then the bee would buzz around and all the kids would do it too. I guess we were learning about puppet leaders even back then as toddlers ....clearly a lot of people missed the point of the show and probably pride themselves that they don't slurp their milk when they drink it - all the while electing dubious politicians with hidden agendas ....

And then after that I think the bee went off to die cause it was a guy bee and drones -pffft ... expendable. I think they brought in a new sucker each day and no-one could tell cause those drones all look the same to most people.

hitf2

Anyway Miss Sherry always held up this tennis racket at the end of the show that they would zone in on and do this brain washing pattern and then pull away and the tennis racket would be clear. She would say "Romper Stomper Bomber Boo, Tell Me, Tell Me, Tell Me Do. Magic Mirror, tell me today, did all my friends have fun at play?" And then Miss Sherry would start naming who she could see. I guess some people started experimenting with LSD way earlier than the actual revolution.

So ya when they said "here is a baby doll and this blue and white polka dotted thing is it's "romper"" .... I loved it. It was way better than a nightie for a baby doll on account of when you put the nightie on the cats they would walk on the skirt of it and choke themselves and it ended up looking like a bib with sleeves. The romper fit the cats perfectly and snapped up the back and even allowed their tails to swing free. They needed to twitch their tails in case I was not looking at their ears flat against their heads to signal that they thought they looked really swell too. They always ran away. I lost more rompers that way ...

hitf3


And somewhere on the prairies are a band of cats, bullied and laughed at by all the other cats because they wear rompers. I did that ... all by myself.

I wasn't born to romper cats ...

...television conditioned me to do that.

Mr. Do-Bee never covered rompering cats.

 
SKIN:  .::WoW Skins::. Warda Milk
HAIR:  TRUTH Alessandra -  blondes
EYES:  Mayfly Liquid Light Rainshower
LASHES:  *ByKay* ~ Eyelashes ~ *Flair*
EARRINGS:  DM Zoe Jewelry Set - Silver
BRACELETS:  BLANG!!! TWISTY BANGLEZ
PURSE:  Dark Mouse Straw Summer Bag
OUTFIT:  *GF* GroupGift :: Halter Bow Romper -blue-(MESH)
SHOES:  NX-Nardcotix MANA Chelo Ivory


 
Ever wonder how my mind works that I come up with all this stuff?? Well ... I have no idea BUT if you enjoy this Blog you might be interested in Bliss/Aria's other blogs - find out more at Intertwingled. Join us on Facebook!
Post a Comment