Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tough Life Lessons From the Bird Cage and Beyond.

pab1a

When I was a kid one of my aunts had this old bird cage that was all ornate and was hidden up in the attic way behind a bunch of old stuff.   Of course we were not supposed to be up there but that never stops a kid who is good at being a kid and I was a great kid.  I was a super kid.  I was able to leap grandparents in a single bound.

PAB2a

I found it and thought it was the neatest thing ever.  I thought it was kind of magical on account of I was only 7 and a lot of things seemed magical back them ... And then I thought, "wow ... it would be so cool to live in a bird cage like this and to just swing all day." I loved swinging ... mainly because we did not have swings on the farm ... we had a rope hanging from the rafters of the barn and another one hanging from a tree over the creek. I dreamed about being able to sit down and swing ... it seemed so ... sophisticated.

And then one day I found a dog cage behind the garage and I made this cute little swing in it and I got inside it and my brother locked me in it and I discovered that I was not meant to be caged, no matter how ornate the bars.

And I discovered I was claustophobic even if I could see through the bars.

And I discovered that swinging requires a lot more space than I imagined.

PAB3a

And most importantly, and heart wrenching, I discovered what a freaking big butt I had and that I was not going to make it fit on the teeny little swing seat no matter how hard I prayed.

Evidently God is not as preoccupied with my butt as I am ...


SKIN:  Glam Affair - Roza - Brr & Etci 04
HAIR:  TRUTH HAIR Soleil -  light blondes
EYES:  IKON Eternal Eyes - Storm
LASHES:  *ByKay* ~ Eyelashes ~ *Natural Heavy*
MAKE-UP:  [:ME:] SAMPLE COSMETICS COLLECTION (pink)
BUTTERFLIES:  AtomicBambi Flutter-By Cerise
BRACELET:  [AB] Mirage Tea Rose Bracelet :: Blanco  MOOD
PURSE:  Donna Flora TARINA bag pink
ROSE:  The Niven Collection
OUTFIT INCLUDES SHOES AND EARRINGS:  DIANE DRAPE BACK GOWN PINK - CAMILLA'S
Ever wonder how my mind works that I come up with all this stuff?? Well ... I have no idea BUT if you enjoy this Blog you might be interested in Bliss/Aria's other blogs - find out more at Intertwingled. Join us on Facebook!
Post a Comment