Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Of Mice and Snooty Women.

Lady and the Mouse 1a


Let's talk mice.

  Lady and the Mouse 2a

We had a lady visiting us once on the farm who looked like she stepped out of some fashion mag.  I think she was sent by some church up in Edmonton ... visiting the socially inept or something.   She sat on the couch with her nose in the air and when she held her tea cup she extended her little finger. At first I thought she was pointing at something but then I realized it had probably been broken in some tragic farm accident when she was a little girl and had stayed that way.  I got to work on a "so sorry about the tragic farm accident - God loves people with gimpy fingers too" card right away seeing as I was banned to my room anyway.    She did not like us kids being around because we were not esthetically pleasing.   I mean I could understand her thinking that about me but my brother looked darn good that day in his ballerina skirt.

Anyway at some point a mouse ran across the room and she screamed and my brother and I ran in just in time to see her throw threw her tea cup up in the air and jump up on the couch holding her skirt and doing this kind of "standing in one place" dance.

Who knew heels could take apart heirloom lace pillows that quickly?

I had never seen my grandmother swear at anyone with her eyes but she did that day. That was the day I knew that laser vision was not a myth.

I am not sure why children are always to blame when grownups are upset. She said "we" let the mouse in because we "liked to keep them as pets."

Evidently reading minds is real too ... I didn't even know we were allowed pet mice!

That is when we also learned that staring at people, no matter how warranted, was rude.

I didn't mind being waved out of the room because I was pretty stoked about getting a new home ready for the new pet mouse "Lucky."

Lady and the Mouse 3a

Unfortunately this story does not have a happy ending either.

I only caught a glimpse of the mouse caught in the trap being flushed down the toilet, but I am pretty sure it was Lucky. To find out you have a pet, and have that pet die on the same day is pretty traumatic.

That was also the day I learned that some names, while they seem appropriate, are really tragically ironic..


SKIN:  [MyDear]Grette Skin
HAIR:  [LeLutka]-SALOME hair/Light Blonde
EYES:  IKON 'Sunrise' Eyes - Eggplant Pale v2
LASHES:  Clockwork Lashes by Amaranthim Talon
OUTFIT:  *LpD* - *Boho Girl* Outfit Beige (MESH)
SHOES:  Retro' - Nicole Beige Heel MESH
POSES:  Juxtapose


Ever wonder how my mind works that I come up with all this stuff?? Well ... I have no idea BUT if you enjoy this Blog you might be interested in Bliss/Aria's other blogs - find out more at Intertwingled. Join us on Facebook!
Post a Comment