Sunday, September 8, 2013

My Pet Goldfish.

litl2

My pet goldfish "fluffy" was very special to me. He was much much more than just some pretty fins and some scales.

litl1

In a landlocked wheatfield of a world where almost every other animal was routinely herded with a horse, a tractor, or whatever humans were not combining or picking rocks ... he was refreshingly different.

For one thing, he blew bubbles.

And he was a great listener.

He was always listening, and never ever butting in and interrupting me or telling me that he had to go and wash his hair now. I loved him. I loved him more than I loved the cows, the horses, the sheep, my grandparents and my brother.

OK I know it is not that big of a deal to love him more than my brother because I loved planter's warts more than my brother but when you write and want to convey heartfelt emotion as a child you are supposed to talk about your siblings as if you love them a lot. Sometimes I like to close my eyes and imagine that I am normal and have those feelings. This was one of those times.

The moment has passed.

If I had to write that sentence now, I would not be adding my brother to that list at all. I hope that does not take away from this whole story or that you are second guessing everything I have ever written now.

I never told anyone I had Fluffy. I kept him in a bowl under my bed. I found him on the side of a road next to a box of abandoned kittens. I think someone was spring cleaning.

litl3

Fluffy died. I couldn't tell anyone I was so wracked with grief. I buried him in a wheat field. For years I would jump on one of the horses and ride out to his gravesite and sit there for hours and talk and talk and you know what ... I learned a really valuable lesson.

The line between life and death is pretty thin, maybe even non-existant. Fluffy still listened and never ever interrupted. Ever.

Once I thought he had because I thought I heard him calling "Bliss, Blisssss . . . " but then I listened a little longer and I heard, "I know what you did and I am telling Grandpa," and I realized my brother had followed me.

He is buried right next to Fluffy.


SKIN:  Glam Affair- - Candy skin - America 04
HAIR:  LaViere- Freya Blonde Pack
EYES:  IKON 'Sunrise' Eyes - Brown Dark
LASHES:  Al Vulo Doll Lashes
MAKE-UP:  .LXB. Striking Brows Black
TOP:  So Many Styles {SMS} Puffy
SKIRT:  So Many Styles {SMS} Pencil Pattern Skirt Floral Tangerine
JEWELLERY:  Addiction Protective Owl Set - Carnelian Gem
PURSE:  MiWardrobe - Casual Bag - Orange
NAILS:  A&A  FAshion  Dangerous Nails2010/Brown
SHOES:  G Field Platform Shoes Rosette
POSES:  fri.day poses
LOCATION:  Baiastice

 
Ever wonder how my mind works that I come up with all this stuff?? Well ... I have no idea BUT if you enjoy this Blog you might be interested in Bliss/Aria's other blogs - find out more at Aria E. Appleford Blog. It is named after me. Because it is mine and we had a meeting and I proposed it, seconded it and voted it in. Unanimous! Join us on Facebook!
Post a Comment