Saturday, November 30, 2013

I Can Wear Holes In My Dress If I Want To.

xyya2

I saw today that a bunch of  women took pictures of themselves naked in protest against their church's strict stand on modesty.

xyya3

I have to hand it to them.  Ballsy move.  Smart move?  I am thinking they will probably find themselves thrown out as proof that getting naked makes bad things happen.  Especially as most of them are not super models and they should know that the only naked pictures clergy likes to look at involves beautiful, skinny younger models.  Once women fail on any of those criteria, they are pretty much just relegated to childrearing and bottle washing. 

It made me think about protesting and how we have evolved. I grew up in the 70's when we were all about protesting everything. We burned our bra's, we grew our hair, we refused to get bathe ourselves. We did all of that out in public. That was because none of us were quite ready to protest against our actual parents . . . it is like it was instinctive ... kind of an intuitive knowing that one day, in our 40's, we would be moving back home and so best not to upset the parents to the point they took down out Mickey Mouse Club posters or turned our room into a study.

We were not so brave, minus the drugs and 10 - 15 thousand of our nearly naked, very "loving" friends.

Protest where it can be effective but cause the least amount of permanent damage for your life.

xyya1
 
 

That's why I am doing all mine in Second Life.

My parents don't know how to type.

 
SKIN:  !BaaaH ! Dafira Nuit
HAIR:  AlliandAli Designs Amandine Hair
EYES:  IKON Sunrise' Eyes - Peach
LASHES:  Angel Rock Eyelash J curl Philisha Lashes
NECK PIECE:  {Indyra} Faith Cocktail Set
JEWELLERY:  Donna Flora HARLOW set+HUD
DRESS:   H.E.D Mischa Dress
NYLONS:  {Indyra} Faith Cocktail Set
SHOES:  [LeLutka]-Saffron Pumps (Neutral Black)
GLOVES:  STUFF VIP Gloves
LOCATION:   Hyde Park
 
Ever wonder how my mind works that I come up with all this stuff?? Well ... I have no idea BUT if you enjoy this Blog you might be interested in Bliss/Aria's other blogs - find out more at Aria E. Appleford Blog. It is named after me. Because it is mine and we had a meeting and I proposed it, seconded it and voted it in. Unanimous! Join us on Facebook!
Post a Comment