Sunday, November 17, 2013

My Shoetopia Post.

shoetopia1
 
This is how I spent my day. This is me. This is me not being able to get on the bus to Shoetopia because there was no room for me on the bus. I have never felt more in tune with Mary and Joseph in my life. I regret that I did not more fully emote their pain when I played a sheep in the manger at my Christmas Pageant when I was 4.
 
shoetopia2
 
I look really happy right? Please note that my eyes are crossed. That is from repeatedly hitting my enter button after clicking on the link to Shoetopia. I will not be able to sleep tonight because there is this sound of crashing in my head that reminds us in SL that the door has slammed shut and we are standing alone out in the frozen wasteland of virtual life, unallowed into the party with the rest of the kids.
 
My pointer finger is now the shortest finger on my hand and while that might get me into some kind of special footnote about the lady with the freaky pointer finger who died proving that insanity is indeed doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result, it is not helpful for playing with puppets. I lost a valuable skill today.
 
I know you can't see me but I am crying. I feel completely and totally rejected again. I scroll past the pics of other people wearing beautiful new shoes giving us instructions on how we should dress and behave if we ever make it into Shoetopia, and telling us it is not that big of a deal, we should relax and go later in the week. Excuse me if that sounds a bit like someone who ate all the cheesecake and is almost comatose because they are so full telling the starving masses who dreamed all day of having a taste of their mom's awesome pumpkin cheesecake, that the cheesecake was really not all that great, they didn't miss much. THAT person is buried in 83 different places across the Canadian prairies because the starving masses are not nice people when they are hungry for cheesecake.
 
  shoetopia3
 
By the time I get in there won't be any shoes left in my size and the only colour left will be puce. I will be the only naked person without shoes wandering around a deserted sim where the smell of leather lingers in the air mocking me. I am tired of being mocked. I just wanna shop ok?
 
Just once I would like to be able to get some of the really cool stuff first.
 
 I dream of being able to tell other people that they should sit down and just be calm and sort their inventory while they wait because they are really lucky they are not having to be in there with all the other special people shopping, spending their Lindens on fabulous new shoes. I want to yawn when they mention these things and seem surprised that someone has not made it in yet and tell them I got in a week ago.
 
I think I could be a mean girl.
 
I think I could do mean.
 
I am learning new swear words.
 
SKIN:  !BaaaH !Koko Nuit
HAIR:  Analog Dog Helke
HANDS:  SLink  Elegant 1
EYES:  IKON Sunrise' Eyes - Peach
LASHES:  Angel Rock Eyelash J curl Philisha Lashes
MAKE-UP:  SYSP Step Inside
WoW Skins
JEWELLERY:  FINESMITH Happiness
NAILS:  Hello Dave: Slink Avatar Enhancement- Rich Autumnal Tones
DRESS:  Wertina - Sequin Hole Dress Fire
COAT:  Fashionably Dead (fd) Romantic Coat - Pink
SHOES:  EB Atelier Shoes- Delizia GOLD mesh pumps
POSES:  Ma Vie
 
Ever wonder how my mind works that I come up with all this stuff?? Well ... I have no idea BUT if you enjoy this Blog you might be interested in Bliss/Aria's other blogs - find out more at Aria E. Appleford Blog. It is named after me. Because it is mine and we had a meeting and I proposed it, seconded it and voted it in. Unanimous! Join us on Facebook!
Post a Comment