Friday, January 24, 2014

Fashion Crosses the Line.

vvvp1

Black leather was always the sign of the "bad guys."  We knew this because Hollywood taught us well.  Well . . . unless there was a "laugh track" accompanying the show.  Then it was probably likely you were watching either "Happy Days" or "Welcome Back Kotter," and if there was dancing and singing, it was "Grease."


vvvp2 The problem is that fashion showed up and suddenly you had models named "Bambi" and "Heidi" wearing black leather and Barbie started showing up with it, and then the Cabbage Patch Kids. It was a confusing time. We could no longer easily tell the difference between the good guys and the bad guys. 

This was an even bigger upset than the one that happened when everyone stopped wearing black or white cowboy hats.

Fashion keeps messing things up for all of us.

Then they brought in plastic surgery and everyone could be beautiful, even the bad guys.   It meant we were all going to go through life being tricked by bad people dressing and looking like good people and good people dressing and looking like bad people.

  vvvp3
I still cannot allow my Barbies and Cabbage Patch kids to play with the My Little Pony's or my Strawberry Shortcakes.  Fashion may have tossed frivolous profiling to the wind, but I have a strong line drawn in the cement surrounding my house.

I am the attractive one standing with the shotgun in front of the Toybox with the white cowboy hat and white angel gown.



SKIN:  * Morphine : Celeste Peach Skintone 
HAIR:  (Chemistry) Hair - Harlie
EYES:  IKON Utopia Eyes - Pale Bahama Green
LASHES:  Angel Rock Eyelash J curl Philisha Lashes
MAKE-UP:  [KOOQLA] Z-eyeliners (Black)
DRESS:  ~Sassy!~ On Track dress - pink
JACKET:  H.E.D. Rockers Leather Jacket
JEWELLERY:  Cae :: Magic Charm Necklace
SHOES:  Essenz -  London (Pink)

Ever wonder how my mind works that I come up with all this stuff?? Well ... I have no idea BUT if you enjoy this Blog you might be interested in Bliss/Aria's other blogs - find out more at Aria E. Appleford Blog. It is named after me. Because it is mine and we had a meeting and I proposed it, seconded it and voted it in. Unanimous! Join us on Facebook!
Post a Comment