Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I Blame Toronto

bpis1

Despite what people from Toronto say about people from the prairies, we were just normal kids like any other kids.  We had hopes, we had dreams ... we wanted to do all the same things, experience the same things that the city kids did.

bpis2

We wanted to Jiffy Pop popcorn on the stove.    We wanted to make cotton candy just like you could get at the fair.

We were not stupid. We understood what it was made of and we watched the people make it and knew how to make it.  We were not stupid.  We could see the theory behind it all and we were quick to listen to our parents and know that we should not make a big mess or we would never be able to make it again.

I don't know how the jiffy pop pan became melded to the burner but it was not because we didn't read the instructions.  We read them, we were still reading them when they went up in flames and the popcorn exploded everywhere.

I blame false advertising.


bpis3

We worked with what we had.   We improvised.   

I just told my brother to make sure he did not spill any of the sugar on the floor.  Who expected him to climb into the cement mixer with the sugar?  And who could have predicted how effective it would be to attach the power boat motor to it all.

I do think some of the sugar had time to "spin."  It looked spun . . .  a little . . .  around his head.  It was hard to tell really with all those parents screaming and being locked in my room so quickly.  

We just needed a couple more minutes.

SKIN:  [Hush] Ivy Skin - NightSky
HAIR:  Magika [01] Mint
EYES:  IKON Eternal Eyes - Pewter
LASHES:  Angel Rock Eyelash J curl Philisha Lashes
EARRINGS:  Chop Zuey La Mousme  Bl/Grn Earrings
GOWN:  SAS - Eliemee Blush
POSES:  TuTy's

Ever wonder how my mind works that I come up with all this stuff?? Well ... I have no idea BUT if you enjoy this Blog you might be interested in Bliss/Aria's other blogs - find out more at Aria E. Appleford Blog. It is named after me. Because it is mine and we had a meeting and I proposed it, seconded it and voted it in. Unanimous! Join us on Facebook!
Post a Comment