Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Buttering the Flies.

fibl1

We don't have "sticky flies" in Queensland.  They have them in NSW.

Basically they are annoying little flies that go straight for your eyes, your mouth, up your nose or in your ears. Why?  Because they can.  I presume they are called "sticky" because unlike the incredible intelligence of most flies, wherein once swatted 27 times they seem to "get it" and decide nothing you have to offer is worth their life, these flies just keep coming back.

You swat, they fly out with your hand, by the time your hand is back where it belongs, the fly is back up your nose.

Every time we had to stop for road work, we would shut the car down and roll down the windows.  Hubby sat there whistling and I began the fly battle.

Once again there is no truth in naming the critters in Australia.  A "fly" would suggest movement and not "sitting or standing on."  These flies were either exhausted or just damn annoying.

I would be swearing and swinging things in and out of the window and hubby was . . . whistling.

The flies did not bother him.

THEN one hung on to the car as we sped off, riding the wiper, hoping for more road works.  I would have been rubbing it's greedy little hands together had it not been for the desperate need to hang on to the blade.

Speed eventually killed it, as it does everything.

I tried to reason with the damn things telling them that with only 24 hours of a life span, they could either stay there among their friends to face death or end up miles away among strangers and a very irate Canadian Woman who was prepared to shorten their life span considerably.

I like to think they were afraid of me and the word spread but as we passed into Queensland, I am never going to be sure if I can ever go back to NSW or not.


SKIN:  Morphine : Beatrix Peach
HAIR:  Analog Dog AD - placebo - light blondes
EYES:  IKON Eternal Eyes - Forest
LASHES:  Angel Rock Eyelash J curl Philisha Lashes
EYESHADOW:  Morphine

LINGERIE:  Angel Dessous  - Angelset03-04
SHOES:  NX-Nardcotix  Rebekah Pumps Liquorice
POSES:  TuTy's

Ever wonder how my mind works that I come up with all this stuff?? Well ... I have no idea BUT if you enjoy this Blog you might be interested in Bliss/Aria's other blogs - find out more at Aria E. Appleford Blog. It is named after me. Because it is mine and we had a meeting and I proposed it, seconded it and voted it in. Unanimous! Join us on Facebook!
Post a Comment