Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Dangerous World of Imaginary Friends.

BBHS1

I know you are not supposed to "covet" your neighbours anything . . . but I used to be so jealous of all my friend's imaginary playmates.



BBHS2
Ok they weren't actually "friends" like people you could go out and hang with, I meant the kids in all those children's books who had pretty little girls, or a fairy ducky or a sweet little bunny, or even an interesting boy who traveled the world as their imaginary friends.

I had a middle aged dude in a disturbing bunny outfit who kept showing up and insisting he wanted the Barbie with the long hair and the nicest shoes.  He always made me play with Ken or Skipper.  Both were irrelevant to the plot line which involved his Barbie being the most beautiful, the chosen princess, the one who got everything, did everything and lived happily ever after.  I can't tell you the number of times we put away the Barbies with his doll all happy and Ken and Skipper still sitting there, she in her bathing suit with unbrushed hair and him naked.  There was no "happily ever after" for those two.

I named my imaginary friend "Fluffy."  I learned that beggars could not be choosers and being as no-one else ever showed up to volunteer for the job, this was just going to be the story of my life . . . a middle aged guy in a disturbing bunny outfit who burped out the alphabet and liked to jump out of the closet and scare me. He would make me do things like hide my great grandfather's glass eye in an old marble bag that my brother took to school and lost in the great recess marble off.

Fluffy also made a rule that he would always get the biggest piece of cake which meant between us, him having no cake and me having a piece of cake, meant  . . . I never got any cake.
BBHS3

It wasn't until after I was married and I got the wedding pics back and was going over them at my grandmother's house I found out the truth about "Fluffy."  Grandma pointed at "Fluffy" standing next to my Flower Girl and said, "Uncle Jim even shaved for you that day," and she wiped a tear from her eye.

She could see him!!!  Fluffy was my Uncle Jim.

I didn't know I had an Uncle Jim.

Now I know I didn't even have a make believe friend.  I had a off the wall, sicko Uncle Jim.

The room just got really quiet and I think angels are weeping somewhere . . .  or it might just be the cats in heat next door ... not sure . . . 


SKIN:  *  Morphine : Manila Peach Skin
HAIR:  *booN  ARK554 hair
EYES:  IKON 'Sunrise' Eyes - Caribbean Blue
LASHES:  Angel Rock Eyelash J curl Philisha Lashes
LIPSTICK:   Morphine
RING:  Paper Couture P.C; Water Over Wine Ring
NAILS:  Candy Nail  #P000 Basic French Nails Black
EARRINGS:  [Modern.Couture] Jewelry - Mazi Earring
TOP:  *Muism* [Satin Ruffle Top]_White NLA
SKIRT:  M&M Incorporated - Betty Outfit
SHOES and NYLONS:  [Gos] Boutique - Samantha Pumps - Patent

POSES:  TuTy's

Ever wonder how my mind works that I come up with all this stuff?? Well ... I have no idea BUT if you enjoy this Blog you might be interested in Bliss/Aria's other blogs - find out more at Aria E. Appleford Blog. It is named after me. Because it is mine and we had a meeting and I proposed it, seconded it and voted it in. Unanimous! Join us on Facebook!
Post a Comment