Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Flicks That Cut and Wound Your Soul.

fgkj2

I was not allowed to grow my hair long until I was old enough to take care of it myself which is just a parent pretending to be practical and teaching a child responsibility while not caving into popular trends and stereotyping of children when in actuality it was basically about the fact they were too lazy to put in any effort to make me feel pretty and normal.

fgkj1

Note to grandmothers - it is hard for anyone to believe you or take you seriously when you are talking about "fashionable" and "looking smart" when you are wearing plaid and a floral print together, orthopedic slippers, your hair is purple and tightly permed, and your teeth are on the bathroom counter.

Look around you, do bra-less women who have not bathed in over a week, who are zoned out on drugs and chanting peace and love LOOK like they are worried about appearing smart - regardless of whether you meant that as a fashion term or their intelligence?

No.

I just wanted to be able flick my hair over my shoulders like the other girls, and not be reduced to having to put a skirt on my head to pretend I had long hair when I was playing "Saloon Girls" or "Harem Honey" - both games having to do with dressing up, thinking I was beautiful, and pretending I was the one that all the men were in love with.  Not that different from my dating strategy later in life although I did not have a skirt on my head.

Instead I had to endure my grandmother licking her hand and trying to make my hair lie down before I went to school.  I suppose I should be grateful they allowed me any hair at all.

fgkj3

I just am not sure when I am going to be able to let this go and move on.

Feeling pretty bitter still.

You can't go back and reclaim the time when it was appropriate to have ribbons and bows in your hair or little poodle or kitten hair clips.  There is a rule about wearing those things after you turn 50, which is incidentally when I was finally responsible enough to be allowed to wear my hair long.

I am flicking it over my shoulder right now.

Still not healed ... just saying ....


SKIN:  Glam Affair - Mokatana - The Diva  ( FLF )
HAIR:  Magika  [01] Flourish
EYES:  IKON 'Sunrise' Eyes - Caribbean Blue
LASHES:  Angel Rock Eyelash J curl Philisha Lashes
JEWELLERY:  Maxi Gossamer Gift - Jewellery and Accessories Expo 20
DRESS:  Tres Blah - Fluffy Dress - Roses
SHOES:  9TY- Cake Red Heels
POSES:  TuTy's

Ever wonder how my mind works that I come up with all this stuff?? Well ... I have no idea BUT if you enjoy this Blog you might be interested in Bliss/Aria's other blogs - find out more at Aria E. Appleford Blog. It is named after me. Because it is mine and we had a meeting and I proposed it, seconded it and voted it in. Unanimous! Join us on Facebook!
Post a Comment