Thursday, May 1, 2014

Lesson Learned.

sbtwa4

I was always so impressed how both Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With The Wind and Maria from The Sound Of Music both managed to take curtains and turn them into stunning outfits.

sbtwa2

OK I may be overstating it a tad when talking about the Von Trapp family outfits in that when you have that many people in the same family all matchy matchy you start thinking cults and multiple wives but hey ... when you dance and sing that well you tend to euphorically enhance the fashion involved.

But it inspired me and so I also searched the curtains in the house for something worthy of my needlemanship and creative eye.

You know those pictures in Pinterest where you have the one cake that is perfect and Martha Stewart probably engineered and then you have the picture of the cake that the person who tried to follow the instructions did?  And one makes you gasp and the other makes you want to turn your screen to the side and see if maybe, from a different angle the flowers will not look at dead spiders?  And that other than there is a caption saying "my attempt at the butterfly flower field cake" you would have no idea it was even cake?

sbtwa3

My effort was worse than that.

And no matter how I pulled the curtains, I couldn't hide the fact I cut out a bikini top out of one side and a wrap skirt out of the other.

The wrap skirt side failed to block the shade effectively anymore.

My grandmother asked me what I was going to do to fix it.  I asked her if she thought the books might have covered that because the movies didn't.

They didn't lock away the sewing machine or the needles or the thread.

They locked me away.

Just got out.

I think I know where I went wrong.

Proof that time-outs can work . . . in time ....

SKIN:  DREAM INK-EONA-DARK-Love is in the air
HAIR:  *booN   hairpieces DARE83 black/chocolate
EYES:  IKON 'Sunrise' Eyes - Azure Light
LASHES:  Angel Rock Eyelash J curl Philisha Lashes
JEWELLERY:  [Modern.Couture] Jewelry - Rose Queen
TOP:  Color.Me.H.O.F Mesh [Spring Crop[Shell]
SKIRT:   Lethal  ::LC:: Slit Skirt [black]
SHOES:  E-Clipse MimiShoes Black
POSES:  Ma Vie

Ever wonder how my mind works that I come up with all this stuff?? Well ... I have no idea BUT if you enjoy this Blog you might be interested in Bliss/Aria's other blogs - find out more at Aria E. Appleford Blog. It is named after me. Because it is mine and we had a meeting and I proposed it, seconded it and voted it in. Unanimous! Join us on Facebook!
Post a Comment