Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Balancing the Scales of Life.

with all your heart 1

I showed up at the local swap meet with my hubby and kids and asked where I could set up my booth.

I had good spot, it would get lots of traffic and with the right visual aids, I was thinking, we could really cash in and make some of our long overdue dreams come true.  I think it is so important for families to have projects that they work on together.

Hubby helped me get everything set up and when we were done we had the kids line up, each with their own unique sign.  We urged them to do their best. They were really going to have to sell sell sell. We told them we loved them and knew they could do it.  I gave them some stickers with catchy phrases and the website addy for motivational and inspirational posters.


with all your heart 2

We managed to get a good deal for the two younger ones but had to take the teenager home with us again.   I don't think he totally grasps the need to appear durable when people take him for a trial run.  There is a church swap meet next weekend and those people tend to have completely unrealistic expectations for their own abilities.  Like most of them don't realize it was Jesus who did the miracles, not the ordinary church members.  And besides, changing water into wine is one thing, transforming teenagers is even beyond Chris Angel.  

I think children swap meets should be held, just specializing in swapping kids. I mean when your kids roll their eyes and tell you that you are the worst parents ever and they hate you it can be tough to be as welcoming as you were that first day after 10 months of throwing up, ballooning to the size of the Good Year Blimp, the 3 days of labour, all that morphine.  Let's face it, a bag of dried prunes would have seemed "enchanting" at that point.  But after years of them taking over your life, holding your sanity prisoner, and relentless demands, that changes.   Once they are burning down the house and draining the bank account and you have the "experts" telling you to just cuddle them more and that grounding them is against their constitutional rights … I think it is time to trade them in and try with a different model. 

You might want to even consider a hamster, instead.

I am tired of hearing the kids profess their love for someone else's parents as in "Mary's parents never make her," or "why can't you be more like George and Shirley (his best friends parents who even let their own children call them by their first name) they are wayyy more down with us ." These are all universal signs for "Your work is clearly done, you failed and they hate you."  Frankly, it is hard to feel like cuddling when you are wallking to work at 3 Am because they stole the car and hocked grandmas jewellery and took off to spend the week at some theme park .

with all your heart 3

Which is all the police could tell you under the privacy act, confirming they were ok, had indeed left the state, and were having a good time at Disneyland.

I never got to go to Disneyland.

I am swapping my parents at next weekend's swap meet.  I don't even care that they are dead.  The hurt is that deep, and I am sure someone on Pinterest has some rad ideas for ways to make over slightly used coffins.


SKIN:  Glam Affair - Katra and Summerv3 - FLF
BODY PARTS:  SLink
TEETH:  **SHINE** Prim Teeth
HAIR:  >TRUTH< Trinity -  dark browns
EYES:  Egozy..Eyes Intense Collection
LASHES:  ATIA's Whisper Lashes
EARRINGS:  ~Shiny Stuffs~ BlueYellow feather
PANTS:  HOLLY  MESH WHITE FINITO CAPRI PANTS
JACKET:  HOLLY  MESH BLUE KITTYKAT JACKET
SHOES:  FOR SLINK HIGH HOLLY  BLACK SWAY HEELS
POSES:  Tuty
Post a Comment