Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Strangers and Other Diseases

teip1

My mother in law was really upset the other day. I overheard her talking to hubby. She was really upset about a certain woman that kept coming up to her in public places as if she knew her.  It had happened again that day.   Hubby was struggling understand why she was so upset.

" Don't you find it, I don't know,  unsettling maybe,  when someone comes up to you and talks and you have no idea who they are, but they act like they know you?  I don't want to be rude but it has happened so many times and I keep telling her that she has mistaken me for someone else, clearly."


She had other reasons for her concern.   "At first I knew she had to be crazy, but I am getting older and I started to worry that maybe I was the one who was crazy.  Maybe my mind is going.  How is it possible that a stranger would walk up to me over and over again and insist they know me.  I mean she always singles me out, no-one else.  And she knows things about me.  It is really creepy.  How is that possible and I have no idea who she is.  I have never seen her in my life before she started stalking me.  Am I that unobservant, that uncaring, that shallow?  Or am I losing it?"   She was crying and poor hubby was doing his best to comfort her and reassure her that it was all going to be ok.

Hubby sighed and patted her hand and said,  "Mom,  that 'strange woman stalker,' was my wife.  We have been married for 16 years now.  See, look she is sitting over there on the computer!"

His mom craned her neck and strained to see me better.  "Oh My God, she has followed me home!!" 

It took awhile for him to talk her down off the table. 

We showed her the wedding pictures and gave her a small pic of me to keep in her purse so she could check it when she was out and that "terrible woman" came up to bother her again.

teip2

Later when we were alone, she leaned over to me and said, "You know, you don't help the situation at all."

"Really?  How?"

"Well you could stop being so strange."

"OK, I will make a concentrated effort to reign that in."  I swear my eyes were not rolling and the blood oozing from my clenched fists was from a paper cut I got earlier.

"Oh, and one other thing?  You could put more effort into looking like someone my son would marry."


SKIN:  .::WoW Skins::. V2 Diva Bronze
BODY PARTS:  SLink
HAIR:  [LeLutka]-LANA hair/Naturals
EYES:  Egozy..Eyes Intense Collection
LASHES:  ATIA's Whisper Lashes
CLUTCH:  REIGN.- Fringed Clutch- Tan
JEWELLERY:  LaGyo_Adele
DRESS:  BENDER  KYO Mini Dress Copper
SHOES:  Essenz - Lisbon (Cream)
POSES: Fly Lily
Post a Comment