Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Life's Lessons

itdr1

I tried to help keep my grandparent's illusions alive.  I think it is really cruel the way some kids just blurt out that most of the stuff parents teach you is crap.  We have some responsibility to be kind to our parents ... or at least to not do them any harm.


itdr2

There are lots of things I restrained myself from doing.   I did not point out to them that my eating my brussel sprouts did nothing to help starving people on the other side of the world.  They might just as well have said when I refused to eat  that Monkeys in Africa spend a great deal of time masturbating.  How does my eating my vegetables help starving people?  It would make more sense NOT to eat them, or to send all my veggies to them to eat.  No starving people ever went to bed saying, "damn those privileged kids who are not eating their brussel sprouts.  I could live with being hungry if only THAT was not going on."

I obligingly took whatever shell they handed me and held it up to my ear and nodded that I could "hear the ocean" and it was way cool.   I refrained from handing them grandmas steel enforced bra cup and asking them to hold it to their ear and pointing out that they could hear the same thing as they did with the shell.  I did not suggest they were hearing the ever present ambient sounds resonating . . . not the ocean.

I played along with the tooth fairy, the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.  I learned my Bible Verses and sang about loving Jesus.  I wore clean underwear.  I said "yes" and "nodded" when I was secretly rolling my eyes and sticking my finger down my throat and gagging.

I figure their life was their journey and that the tour guide that met them for Heaven was probably going to appreciate the extended employment contract having them as clients would afford.  It would take forever to talk them through their life review and explain what was really going on behind the scenes.  I also considered that after that review was over, they probably were going to decline getting on the angel greeting bus to come and pick me up at the end of my life which was probably just as well being as I moved and did not give them my forwarding address.  I can only imagine the embarrassment when they show up to welcome some other unsuspecting woman to their bosom and find out that she is not as refrainful  and polite as I was and the "stranger danger" lessons kick in and she tells them to "fuck off," that she is not going anywhere with them.

itdr3

Sometimes you need people to step in and give your life meaning by choosing the words you cannot find.


SKIN:  LoveMe Skins - Brenda Group Gift - March
BODY PARTS:  SLink
HAIR:  MOON{Hair}. OMEN. - Roots
EYES:  Egozy..Eyes Illuminate Brown
LASHES:  Angel Rock Philisia
BANGLES:  *CentoPallini* WOOD BANGLES Brown
ROMPER:  The Secret Store - Kiara Romper - Coal
SHOES:  Essenz - Milan (Black)
PURSE:  =Zenith=(Cherry)Nastasia Large Bag
POSES:  Slouch
Post a Comment