Monday, April 25, 2016

Timeless Fashion.

fuy2

Sometimes our moms made us wear pants underneath our dresses when we went to school because none of them wanted to ever have to go to the church weekly "quilting lunch kits for underprivileged kids" mornings and be the woman whose daughter froze to death in the middle of the prairies one winter because you sent her to school with bare legs.  The stigma of that was almost as bad as if you were the one quilter who could not make your stitches all the same size.  They made those women wear a scarlet letter.  Frozen daughters was frowned upon and some of those ladies were power frowners.

I still have nightmares.


And it was always the fault of the mom.  Mom's are responsible for everything and no-one understands that better than a Canadian woman, hence we travel the world apologizing for everything, to everyone.  
"Hello, my name is Mary, and you are?"
"I'm sorry, my name is Aria."
"I don't think we've met before, have we?"
"I'm sorry, no, never."

I mean we went to school on a fully heated school bus with  30 or so other kids.  We went down roads that connected farms.  The airplane had been invented.  People had snowmobiles and phones were on the wall but they worked. 

Most of the kids on the bus were wearing enough clothes that they could take off 3 layers and still survive an ice age without any frostbite.  We could huddle.  We knew about fire and how to make it.  Do you have any idea how sound carries when there is nothing but fields of snow around you for as far as you can see and then some?

I hated wearing pants underneath my dress.  I took them off as soon as I was out of view of the parental units.  If I showed up in school wearing them everyone would have called me a "retard."  

I find it really depressing that my grandmother was 50 years ahead of everyone else with fashion and that no-one laughs at people wearing pants or leggings under dresses anymore.  I think it is all because we have cell phones and the danger of freezing to death on the way to school is nowhere nearly as bad.  

fuy1

Ya, it is either that or we just don't care about kids as much anymore.


SKIN:  [the Skinnery] Hilde - Bare face (honey)
PARTS:  SLink
EYES:   Egozy.Eyes Illuminate Turquoize
LASHES:  Tameless Lashes 22
HAIR:  rezology Eunoia (mesh hair)
DRESS:  tomoto, dress charlotte
LEGGINGS:  Izzie's - Sheer Tights
PURSE:  Anachron - Kinchaku Gacha - Green Hills (6)
SHOES:  SAS - Cheeky Shoe Fatpack (Slink High) - GATCHA
HAIR FLOWER:  Poute- Floret  Hair Clip- White
LOCATION:  Lollygagger Lane


Post a Comment