Friday, May 13, 2016

Resting Bitch Face - My Story.

bbb2 

Resting Bitch Face, let's discuss.

I used to get yelled at all the time for not smiling more.  I was a kid of the seventies, living in a world where there was war and discord.  Women were burning their underwear just trying to get people to care about the fact that they were pissed about not getting the same opportunities as men.  People were having sex in the parks, with everyone else.  People were doing drugs.  People traded in their souls for Rock and Roll.  Elvis was hip swivelling and people were looking. 

I didn't do drugs.  I was not having sex.  I was not burning anyone's underwear.  I would have been happy to have a bra, I certainly was not going to burn it when I got it.  I was never into Elvis.  I was a straight A student who went to church every Sunday and sang in the choir.  And the tragedy was, according to my grandparents, I needed to smile more. 

Or I was probably going to hell.

It was a wonder they did not call for an exorcist.


There were lots of older ladies who did resting bitch face, long before it became fashionable.  You should never point that out to grandparents when they are lecturing you about looking happy.   "You should make an effort to smile more.  People will think you are not happy.  They will think you are an unpleasant person and they won't want to be around you."  Hey, superman had his powers, I could repel idiots by not smiling.    I pointed out that Mrs. Miller and Mrs. Black never smiled and no-one was up their case because of it.  Those two were on every committee, and involved in everyone else's business and no-one left them out of anything.  What if I wanted to grow up and be just like them?  Fine, upstanding, well bra-ed, women of the community that they were?

They kept pointing out other kids and saying things like, "look at her lovely smile, Cheryl is such a happy girl, always smiling, no wonder she has so many friends."  I told them that Cheryl was smiling because she was high and that she was so popular because she was having sex with everyone, including some of the other girls who were smiling.

When they didn't lay off I tried burning my bother's bras in protest of the way they were treating me.  I clearly did not understand the proper method of underwear burning protests because I got sent to a special wilderness camp to find God that summer.

That summer changed me. 

I came home and I was smiling. 


The camp director, a 30  something hippie type minister from Eastern Canada, and I had sex the entire summer.  It was pretty awesome. 

bbb1

You really have to treasure life lessons like that, even if they were tough at the time . . . so worth it in the end.

HEAD:  [whatever] Ellie Mesh Head
MESH BODY:  Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
PARTS:  SLink
HAIR:  Tableau Vivant \\  Aku
EYES:   Egozy.Eyes Illuminate Turquoize
LASHES:  ATIA's
DRESS:  !:Lybra:! Gloria (Verde Blu)
EARRINGS:  Zaara : Sarika feather earrings *azure*
PURSE:  // SEUL \\ Monogram Tassle Satchel
SHOES:  .:KC:. MINA HEELS
Post a Comment